How do games like Call of Duty perpetuate myths about the war, but also communicate historical content? Why did so many European countries become rich while African countries have remained poor? What is the influence of movies such as Schindler’s List and Inglorious Bastards on our historical thinking? And how is diversity within football teams partly due to the colonial past of the country? Do these questions speak to you? Then the bachelor History at the Erasmus University is the study programme for you.
History is cramming dates? Not in Rotterdam!
History in Rotterdam is unique in its multifaced approach. You primarily look at modern History, from 1500 onwards with a focus on the last 200 years, from different perspectives. You focus on political, economic, societal, and cultural developments from a global perspective and learn to connect the past with the present. You look at history from a long-term perspective by using themes such as migration, social inequality, popular uses of history (e.g. in video games or during carnival) and trends in the fashion industry and the growth of main ports.
More reasons to choose History at EUR:
- Thanks to the small groups and the mentor system, you receive personal help with your studies;
- you will combine theory and practice by doing an internship or going on an exchange;
- you will share the classroom with students from all over the world;
- the programme is oriented towards the labour market and has close ties with the corporate world;
- the programme receives a high score in the annual National Student Survey;
- the EUR offers a number of high-quality master’s programmes that complement the bachelor, including the Erasmus Mundus Programme GLOCAL.
Please visit the website of Erasmus University Rotterdam for more information about this programme.
Voor informatie over deze opleiding verwijzen wij door naar de website van Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam